10 Best Things About Being Single
Are you fresh off of a breakup or maybe you have been dateless for months? Don’t beat yourself up about it or wallow in self-pity. Instead, celebrate being single with these 10 great perks:
- You don’t have to check in with anyone. You can go out and do whatever you want with whomever you want and don’t have to feel that you have to check in and let anyone know what you’re up to or when you’ll be home.
- You don’t have to compromise on whose friends to hang out with. You get to have fun with your friends any night you want instead of alternating between your group and his/hers.
- You can flirt with whomever you want. Or give your number to anyone you want, or shamelessly check out whoever you want - without feeling guilty!
- You don’t have to fake an interest in their hobbies. In a relationship it’s important to be supportive of each other’s interests, even if you secretly think they’re boring or kind of lame. When you’re single you don’t’ have to listen to anyone talk about fly fishing or stamp collecting if you don’t want to.
10 Ways To Survive A Long Distance Relationship
Long distance is tough, there’s no doubt about it. But it can be made less painful with these tricks:
1. Break it up. Say, for example, they’ve gone away to college in another city. Rather than thinking of it as four years apart, break it up by focusing on the next time you’ll see them. Maybe that’s only a month or two from now for thanksgiving. Doesn’t that sound way more manageable?
2. Embrace multimedia communication. No, you can’t see each other in person and that sucks. But you can text, email, Skype, send snail mail, etc. The more ways you utilize to talk the more fun and variety you’ll have in staying in touch.
3. Make plans to look forward to. Don’t just focus on seeing each other over Christmas. Make some fun and special plans for that time. This will give you something to look forward to and you can have fun talking about it and planning it together.